Recipe by COOKGIRl
How sweet thou art! Next time you fire up the BBQ, grill an extra ear of corn for this recipe! Attention Pacific Northwest people: Tillamook Special Reserve white cheddar is an excellent substitute for the jack, if you're feeling jazzy!
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas or 4 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro pesto sauce (see ¿porque No? Mexican Pesto)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 -2 3⁄4 cup roasted corn kernel
- 1 whole anaheim chilies (roasted if you wish) or 1 poblano chile (roasted if you wish)
- 2⁄3 cup pico de gallo
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: if roasting/grilling the chili, sweat the chili in a paper bag after roasting for 15-20 minutes. Peel, seed and remove membrane. Chop.
- Divide and spread the prepared cilantro pesto onto each tortilla using a butter spatula.
- Next add the jack cheese, roasted corn and chili.
- To cook, grill over indirect heat or broil the quesadillas just until the cheese starts to melt. *WATCH* cooking process carefully!
- Serve the quesadillas garnished with pico de gallo. Allelujah!