Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
It's not a complete Italian dinner unless there's garlic bread. Mangia!!!
Top Review by Margie99
This was really good stuff. I made it twice beause the first time I burned the bread because I was in a hurry and burned it under the broiler. When I made it the second time I warmed the butter in the microwave and it was a little melted. That made it much easier to spread than the first time. I also made my own three cheese blend using asiago, parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (such as Sargento's Italian 3-Cheese Blend, 4-ounces)
- 1 loaf French bread, split (16-ounce loaf)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients and 1/3 cup of cheese. Spread mixture evenly on cut sides of bread. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2/3 cup of cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes before slicing and serving.