Recipe by MizzNezz
I got this out of a small cookbook put out by the local courthouse employees. It's a great Idaho potato dish!
Top Review by carole in orlando
This is a great way to serve potatoes! I had 4 cups of new red potatoes, cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic, and used seasoned bread crumbs with Asiago cheese grated in to them. Can't wait to eat the leftovers!! Thanks, Carole
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, cook and stir butter and soup until smooth.
- Remove from heat; add sour cream.
- Add onions, celery, and cheese; mix well.
- Add salt, pepper and diced potatoes; mix well.
- Pour into 9x13 baking pan; top with potato chips.
- Bake at 350* for 45-55 minutes.