Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a super easy, great tasting, make ahead side dish that looks like you spent a lot more time preparing than you actually do. Plus, most everything is done in advance. The times do not reflect the standing time of the potatoes.
- 2 (4 ounce) packagesalouette spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 12 large new potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 shallots, diced finely
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- garnish-finely diced red bell pepper
- garnish-finely diced yellow bell pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot of lightly salted water and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook until potatoes are just tender.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and add all ingredients except the"Alouette".
- Mix well and transfer to a buttered 8x8 inch glass baking dish with 2 inch sides.
- Press the potatoes with a spatula to make top as flat as possible.
- Set aside for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350^F.
- Spread"Alouette" evenly over potatoes and bake 15 minutes.
- Divide between plates.
- Garnish with finely diced red and yellow bell peppers.
This is wonderful and super easy! I work with Alouette and this is exactly why I love our cheeses. It's just not for dipping! :)
This is an excellent, easy-fix side-dish w/tons of flavor that we enjoyed for dinner w/simple poached fish fillets that really needed to be jazzed up a bit. I did have to use dried herbs & the Icelandic equivalent of the alouette, but it is very close to the real thing. I was a bit unsure early on Re peeling the potatoes or not + cooking them sliced or whole, but eventually opted to cook them sliced & unpeeled which worked well. I did not grease my baking dish & suggest deleting that as the olive oil does that job. The combo of herbs + alouette gives this a very good flavor & the surprise was how much the bell pepper added to the flavor, texture & of course the presentation. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)