Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
a very different dish of potatoes.serve with boiled rice.
- 250 g potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 3 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin (whole)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chile (crushed)
- 20 g green chilies
- 6 whole red chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoons oil
- boil potatoes with 3cup water, salt,chillies ,turmeric,tomatoes,garlic and ginger paste.
- Lower the flame to a medium flame and cook for 20minutes.checking and stirring occasionally to ensure they do not stick to bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the heat and beat the potatoes with a wire whisk or wooden spoon for a minute or until they look thick and creamy.
- then add tamarind pulp and green chillies.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and red whole chillies.When the seeds turn several shades darker then Pour the oil onto potatoes.Mix well.