Recipe by JacquelineS
This is so yummy! Use those tiny little eggplants at the store rather than those big purple kind. Surve with plain basmati rice or a pulao
Top Review by Umm Abdarrahman
It was quite delicious but the reasons didnt mark it 5 stars as i didnt some alterations. I added half a tomato to it as I wanted a little gravy like and I added some cumin powder as well. Rest followed instructions.
- 1 large potato
- 5 small eggplants
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potato and eggplant into small pieces.
- Take frying pan and pour 1 tbsp oil.
- After the oil is hot, add cumin and mustard seed to it.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add potato and eggplant.
- Saute about 10-15 seconds.
- Add garlic paste and other dry spices as mentioned above.
- Stir in one cup of water.
- Add salt.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat to low.
- Heat till until potatoes are soft, but not mushy.