Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Krishnarpan Restaurant, Dwarika's Hotel, Katmandu
- 1 lb potato, peeled, cubed
- 3 ounces sesame seeds
- 4 large hot green chili peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- lettuce leaf, as needed
- Boil potatoes until tender; drain and set aside.
- Toast sesame seeds in a hot oven until fragrant and lightly colored.
- Cool then grind in food processor with hot chiles, garlic, ginger and cilantro.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Mix sesame seed paste with warm potatoes and toss lightly.
- Sauté fenugreek seeds in oil; pour over salad and mix lightly.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
Really liked this! wasn't able to grind the sesame seeds so it probably turned out slightly different to how it's intended, but was still good. used the leftovers in an omelette with onions and curry powder which was also yummy! thanks for posting, will make it again q(^o^)p