Recipe by Mercy
This recipe is from Krishnarpan Restaurant, Dwarika's Hotel, Katmandu
Top Review by Mellowpuff
Really liked this! wasn't able to grind the sesame seeds so it probably turned out slightly different to how it's intended, but was still good. used the leftovers in an omelette with onions and curry powder which was also yummy! thanks for posting, will make it again q(^o^)p
- 453.59 g potato, peeled, cubed
- 85.04 g sesame seeds
- 4 large hot green chili peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4.92 ml minced ginger
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 29.58 ml mustard oil or 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml fenugreek seeds
- lettuce leaf, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender; drain and set aside.
- Toast sesame seeds in a hot oven until fragrant and lightly colored.
- Cool then grind in food processor with hot chiles, garlic, ginger and cilantro.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Mix sesame seed paste with warm potatoes and toss lightly.
- Sauté fenugreek seeds in oil; pour over salad and mix lightly.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.