Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is quite a quick sauce, the longest part is slicing the mushrooms. Good when you want something quick but not from a jar or a can.
- 226.79 g fettuccine, uncooked
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g fresh white mushroom, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 118.29 ml sliced green onion
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 236.59 ml diced tomatoes
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil or 14.79 ml dried basil, crushed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml low-fat ricotta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, green onions and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, basil and salt; cook until tomato is just warm, about 1 minute.
- To pasta in pot stir in ricotta cheese and enough cooking liquid to make a creamy sauce.
- Add mushroom mixture; toss. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper, if desired.