Recipe by Impera_Magna
This is a twist on the usual Bubble/Monkey Bread recipes... and it is now my personal favorite. I made it over the holidays when the extended family was visiting as part of one morning's breakfast buffet for the hordes. I am about 99% sure I got the recipe from Southern Living but, of course, cannot find it now. Luckily, I had typed out the recipe to email to my sisters so actually had a copy of it! (Prep time does not include rising time ...either 3 hrs on the counter or overnight in the refrig!)
Top Review by datadoll
YIKES! I have to buy me a one piece tube pan. Mine is a 2-piece tube pan and half of the sticky leaked out of the bottom and ended up on the bottom of my oven. Even so... these were fantastic! I can't imagine how yummy they will be when I cook them in a pan that will hold all the gooey. I am SO happy to have a self-cleaning oven! = )
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 24 unbaked frozen yeast dinner roll dough (the bag I buy has 36... so I use all of them!)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat brown sugar, butter, and almond extract in microwave safe bowl on HIGH for one minute; stir til blended and microwave for an additional one minute.
- Arrange frozen rolls in a lightly greased 10" Bundt pan.
- Drizzle sugar mixture evenly over rolls; sprinkle with vanilla pudding mix and almonds.
- Cover and let stand for 3 hours (or overnight in the refrigerator).
- Baked uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes in pan before inverting onto serving plate.
- Serve warm.