Recipe by blumasara
Anyone who likes smoothies should try almond milk - not just those who are trying to avoid cow's milk. Almonds are extremely rich in protein and iron, even more so than red meat (so I've heard). That's why we sometimes call this a "steak shake." It's so yummy and easy to make, and it sustains us all morning.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Nice, healthy stuff without the soy! I did not add soy milk and it was creamy enough. Also I did not add ice per preference. I would like to try this with frozen bananas another time.
- 1⁄2 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soymilk (optional ( makes it creamy)
- 3 teaspoons carob powder (or choc milk powder if you wish)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- place almonds in blender with water and leave overnight (if you forget this step, just do it all in the morning. It still works great.).
- In morning, blend mixture on high for 3 minutes.
- Add soy milk, carob powder and bananas (whole is fine). Blend 1 minute.
- Add ice, blend half a munute.
- Pour and enjoy!
- Have a great almond-powered day.