Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This delicious recipe was given to me by my neighbour who likes effortless cooking!
- 1 package robin hood shortbread mix
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare shortbread mix according to package directions, adding almond extract to the dough.
- Put aside one cup of the dough.
- Press the remaining dough into a 9" square cake pan, covering the bottom and partly up the sides.
- Spread evenly with jam.
- Roll the reserved dough into pencil-like strips and place diagonally across the jam.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- (I usually cut while warm, and again when cool).