1/2 Photos of Almond Raspberry Cream Roll
1 hr 15 mins
Kathy at Food.com's Note:
It's a bit involved to make, but the end product is simply incredible. A very yummy dessert....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto or 3 tablespoons almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan with foil or parchment. Grease heavily with shortening.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Put aside.
- 4Beat eggs on high speed until foamy (3-5 minutes).
- 5Gradually beat in granulated sugar.
- 6On low speed beat in water, 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and almond extract.
- 7Gradually beat in flour mixture until smooth.
- 8Pour evenly into pan.
- 9Bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 10Meanwhile, sift powdered sugar onto a towel until evenly coated.
- 11When cake is done, IMMEDIATELY reverse pan onto towel. Peel off foil. Roll up cake and towel together from narrow end. Cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- 12Meanwhile, whip heavy cream, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, and amaretto until stiff.
- 13Finely chop 1 cup almonds and fold into half of the whipped cream.
- 14Reserve remaining whipped cream in refrigerator.
- 15Stir raspberry jam until smooth and spreadable.
- 16Unroll cooled cake. Spread on jam.
- 17Spread whipped cream/almond mixture on top of jam, leaving 1" border at one end.
- 18Carefully roll cake, starting from opposite end.
- 19Place on serving plate, seam-side down. Frost with remaining whipped cream. Decorate with remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Raspberry Cream Roll
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.7
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.8 mg
- Sodium 176.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 50.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: