1/2 Photos of Almond-Orange Shortbread
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Delicate, flavorful cookies. Keep in the freeze and slice and bake just what you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixer or food processor bowl, beat butter, sugar, almond extract, and salt until smooth.
- 2With mixer on low speed, add flour and orange zest; mixt until dough forms.
- 3With a wooden spoon, rubber spatula, or your hands, gently mix in almonds.
- 4Cut piece of waxed paper--12" X 6".
- 5Roll dough into log shape (12" long by 2 1/2" wide and 1" thick. Place on waxed paper and wrap.
- 6Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 3 months.
- 7(If freezing longer than one day, wrap log again in double layers of plastic film.
- 8Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 9Remove dough from freezer.
- 10With a sharp knife, slice into 1/4" thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheet at leat 1" apart.
- 11Bake until edges just begin to turn golden, about 20 minutes.
- 12DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- 13Cool 5 minutes on sheet; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond-Orange Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.2
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 29.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of