The eggs being at room temperature are the key to making this wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray one mini muffin pan with a light coating of cooking oil spray. You can also use individual ramekin baking cups, but the yield will be less.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the 4 egg yolks, agave syrup, vanilla, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until the ingredients are well blended.
- 3Add the almond flour or meal and beat on low speed until combined, about 2 minutes.
- 4Place the 4 egg whites in a large, clean bowl. Use either a handheld mixer with clean beaters or the whisk attachment on a stand mixer and beat the whites on medium speed until opaque, doubled in volume with soft peaks.
- 5Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the batter until just combined. Scrape the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake, rotating halfway through, until the edges are light brown and a dime-sized soft center remains, 18 to 20 minutes. If using larger baking cups, you’ll need to increase the baking time by 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely, at least 15 minutes.
- 6To make the berry topping, combine all the ingredients in a large microwaveable bowl and toss until combined. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then stir and microwave again until slightly thickened and steaming, about 2 1/2; minutes more.
- 7Unmold the cakes. To serve, spoon 1 tablespoon of the warm berry topping on each cake. Extra cakes may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Mini Cakes With Mixed Berry Topping
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 129.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen mixed berries