Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice and creamy. I tweaked Almond Milk (Almond Drink Base) to be vegan although if you aren't vegan then that one is great on its own masha Allah. This is also an Algerian beverage!!
- 236.59 ml almonds (you may blanch to remove skins if you like, I have made it both ways, smoother with the blanch, heal)
- 709.77 ml water (spring water)
- 14.79 ml date molasses (or to taste, called dibis in Arabic, silan in Hebrew sometimes called date syrup or date honey)
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Process at low speed for 1 minute, and 3 minutes at high speed until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a cheese cloth to remove remaining solids.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Simple & very yummy almond milk!! I did cheat a bit and used my soymilk machine in the mill mode instead of the blender/cheese cloth...I'm lazy!! But your directions for that were great. DH tried it and was very impressed. I like that this recipe doesn't use salt...I really don't feel its needed. No additives here!! Thanks Ummbinat!! Made for Veg*n Swap 26!!