Recipe by B8KE
These cookies can be an all-time-favorite for all due to the mouth-watering chocolate coating and especially the nibble-size cupcake look. Yet, super duper easy to make! Usually made during Chinese New Year in Asia as a little sweet snacks for the festive.
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 75 g icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 egg yolk
- 225 g plain flour (sifted)
- 150 g ground almonds
- 4.92 ml almond essence
- 450 g dark chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Using an electric whisk, cream butter and sugar till light ad fluffy.
- Beat egg yolk and almond essence into batter till light pale yellow.
- Add in sifted plain flour, fold well into a dough. (if too wet, may add in a bit more flour).
- Pinch marble-size dough and roll into balls. Line balls of dough onto baking sheet on baking tray.
- Bake 170°C for 20mins-25mins. Place baked cookies on tray to cool.
- While cooling the cookies, line paper cups & melt dark chocolate in microwave. Divide each sessions to 20secs so that you won't burn the chocolate. I did an approx 2-3 sessions to melt the dark chocolates.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle some chocolate into base of each paper cases. Next, place each paper cases with a cookie.
- Cover the cookies with more chocolate and sprinkle ground almonds on top.
- Let chocolate sit to harden or you may chill in refrigerator for 5mins.