Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
If you like the candy bar, you will love these cookies. Cooking time is per batch and yield depends on how large you make them.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir into the creamed mixture until well blended.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and almonds.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
They were good, but basically a chocolate chip cookie with almond and a little bit of coconut. I saw other reviews saying to use coconut extract instead of vanilla but I didn't have any. Maybe that would have given some more coconut flavor and would have been more "Almond Joy" like. <br/><br/>I made a whole batch which says 5-6 dozen, but I ended up with about 150 cookies!!! Maybe I made them a little smaller, but holy cow! I didn't make them THAT small!
Well worth the work. The cookies are just great! If you love Almond Joy candy bars you will love these cookies too!
These are quite good! It was a bit challenging to get all the "stuff" (coconut, almonds, chocolate) mixed into the dough. I baked each batch for 12 minutes and ended up with a really crunchy cookie. I like how the recipe is easily halved. I made a half-batch and still ended up with 5 1/2 dozen good-sized cookies.