Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious cake that tastes like my favorite candy bar. Servings are approximate depending on the size of the slices.
- Bake chocolate cake in 13 x 9-inch pan as directed on box using the water, vegetqable oil and eggs that are listed in above ingredients.
- Combine the 1 cup evaporated milk and the sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir in marshmallows until melted.
- Add coconut; pour over cake while both are hot.
- Melt together the remaining milk, butter and chocolate chips.
- Stir until melted and add 1 cup toasted almond slices.
- Pour on top of warm cake.
- NOTE: This is better if made the day before serving.
Made for our Christmas Eve Party. I see myself becoming more and more curvy...ala Marilyn Monroe. Bah...humbug.
This is truly an award winning recipe. I made this and won second place in a baking contest. I only made a minor change. I reserved about 3/4 cup of the coconut and toasted it and put it on the top. I also put extra toasted almond on the top as a garnishment. It is soooo good. I would also recommend poking holes all around the cake to let the sweet mixture seep in. That sent it over the edge in yumminess!!
Made this for my dad. Left out the nuts as he is a Mounds(sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't) fan. Everyone loved it!! Will make it again for sure.