Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
this is from taste of home, i cant wait to try it during the holidays this year, yum!
Make and share this Almond Eggnog Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Grease a 10 inch fluted tube pan with 2 T.
- Press almonds onto the bottom and sdes of pan; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, eggnog, eggs, rum extract, nutmeg and melted butter on low speed for 30 seconds or just until moistened.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.