1/2 Photos of Almond Crescents
We make these delicious crescents every year for Christmas it is our family tradition. We call them Vanilkove rohlicky in my country and everybody knows them. You can use ground hazelnuts instead of ground almonds. I use almond meal which is same. The dough itself is not too sweet but icing sugar on the top makes them nice and sweet. Texture is similar to short-bread, crispy, crumbly. You can store them in airtight container for weeks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan.
- 2Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat butter, icing sugar until light.
- 4Add egg yolk, vanilla beat until combined.
- 5Add almond meal, flour and mix on low speed to form dough.
- 6Shape tablespoon (35g) of mixture into ball and roll on table into small log and turn ends in to have a shape of small crescent.
- 7Place on trays 3cm apart as they will expand in the oven.
- 8Bake for 12min. You don't wont too much color on them.
- 9They will harden up as they cool. So don't try to remove them from tray as they are very fragile at this point.
- 10Leave them on trays for 5min. and while still warm sift over generously icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Crescents
Serving Size: 1 (732 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 119.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g