Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
All puffed up and ready to go! Crescent roll dough makes quick work of tasty pastry.
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
Glaze and Decoration
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- pastel candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In medium saucepan, combine margarine and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add flour all at once to boiling mixture; remove from heat. Stir until mixture clings together in smooth ball. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is smooth and glossy. Beat in 1 teaspoon almond extract.
- Unroll dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle in half lengthwise; make 3 crosswise cuts in each rectangle to make 32 pieces. Place pieces 1 inch apart on sprayed cookie sheet. Mound 2 rounded teaspoons egg mixture onto each dough piece; spread slightly.
- Bake at 350°F for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool 20 minutes or until completely cooled.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough milk for desired glaze consistency, stirring until smooth. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Drizzle glaze over 6 cooled puffs; immediately top with a few sprinkles. Continue with remaining puffs.
ABC Cookbook Tag: Awesome, tasty little morsels!! This is a decadent breakfast treat!