I love bread but I know how bad ANY grain products are for human health. The problem is I love to eat sandwiches. Your body turns grain products into sugar and the more refined the faster it happens. So what was I to do??? I had to find a way to get all that good stuff (the meats and veggies) into my mouth without flour, without grains, without gluten and without the adverse effects of sugar and refined grains. And so I did... I stumbled upon this recipe and thought it deserved a place here on Food.com. It's a bread made from "Almond Flour", it's easy to make and is really pretty good. If you want to make a sweet cake type version of this, just add some extra stevia to sweeten it and use your imagination for various flavors... But, as is, it's a great substitute for bread for those who are cutting grains and sugar out of our lives... I hope you enjoy. One more thing.. in this recipe it calls for "Almond Flour". You can make it yourself by pulsing raw almonds in your Vita Mix
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix wet ingredients: Almond butter and 4 eggs; mix until blended and smooth.
- 2Mix all dry ingredients together-whisk together until well mixed.
- 3Mix wet and dry ingredients until smooth (I use an electric hand mixer).
- 4Grease the baking pan/bread pan with coconut oil.
- 5Sprinkle flax meal on pan dusting all sides.
- 6Add batter to bread pan.
- 7Add to pre-heated 350F degree oven/20-25 minutes.
- 8Check with toothpick to test for 'doneness'.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Bread - No Grains - No Flour - No Gluten - Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: