Recipe by alijen
My ex is allergic to peanuts, so I never made these simple, tasty candies. Now that he is an ex, I am going to make them and indulge quite often! From Hershey's.
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 2 cups salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place peanut butter chips and shortening in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 minutes; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds until chips are melted when stirred.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Mixture may also be dropped into small candy paper cups.
- Cool until set.
- Variation: BUTTERSCOTCH NUT CLUSTERS: Follow above directions using 1-3/4 cups (11-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips and cashews instead of peanuts.