Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
My ex is allergic to peanuts, so I never made these simple, tasty candies. Now that he is an ex, I am going to make them and indulge quite often! From Hershey's.
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place peanut butter chips and shortening in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 minutes; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds until chips are melted when stirred.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Mixture may also be dropped into small candy paper cups.
- Cool until set.
- Variation: BUTTERSCOTCH NUT CLUSTERS: Follow above directions using 1-3/4 cups (11-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips and cashews instead of peanuts.
We have some serious peanut butter lovers in our family and this was great. They all loved them. Thank you for sharing this recipe.