Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Add a twist to traditional hot dogs with this avocado version, inspired by the traditional "Completo" as they are enjoyed in Chile. You won't go away hungry from the table with these big guys! Times will vary, depending upon which cooking manner you choose. My friends and family love to put my salsa#218314 on it, but as it is a thiner salsa you may want to use a slotted spoon.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 8 hot dog buns, wrapped in foil and warmed in 350 oven for 10 to 15 minutes
- 8 bun length hot dogs
- hot sauce, if desired
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 large ripe Hass avocadoes, peeled, pitted, cut into small chunks, and mashed
- 2 fresh limes, juice of
- salt, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium to high heat, place sliced onions in pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are wilted and begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cook hot dogs per preferred method: grill until lightly charred and heated through: steam; or cook in saucepan with water (bring hot dog in water to a boil; remove from heat and let sit, covered, until ready to serve).