Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my very own all purpose seasoning blend that I use on a daily basis. Will store on the counter up to 2 months. Will keep in the freezer for up to 12 months. Use anyplace you would use regular salt and pepper. Feel free to experiment with your favorite dried herbs and spices. I also keep smaller batches (just split a recipe) on the counter with 1 strip of dried lemon and another with 1 strip of dried lime in it. Simply peel a strip of the zest and leave it on the counter overnight to dehydrate it. I have yet another with dried mint in it.
- 1 cup kosher salt, do not substitute table salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper, substitute with ground pepper reduce to 1 TBSP
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion, crushed
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant minced garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- Crush dehydrated onion and garlic well.
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
This is THE BEST all purpose seasoning!!! I used it with Chicken salad and also egg salad. and fried potatoes. I don'nt think it would not work with anything you wanted to cook. LOL Thanks for sharing. Koechin/Chef
4/1 Good all purpose seasoning. Used it on chicken but would be good on any protein or vegetable. I will try next time on roasted potatoes. Reviewed for Aussie swap. 4/4 as promised before I used this seasoning on roasted potatoes with outstanding results!