Recipe by dayla
This is a terrific cookie that I got at a pampered chef party. It is delicate but full of flavor. The variations are wonderful as are the mix ins. It is a great way to get several different cookies from one recipe.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
These are easy to put together and delicious. The plain ones taste just like shortbread cookies! I made a dozen plain, a dozen with chocolate chips, a dozen with coconut and another dozen with M & M's. With the rest of the dough I just threw in a little of everything. This is very versatile and I can't wait to try the chocolate and peanut butter varieties! The kids loved them! These would be great for the holidays with some food coloring and colored sugar/sprinkles. I used a cookie scoop and got 56 cookies out of the batch. They needed exactly 15 minutes. Thanks for this easy and yummy recipe!
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350°.
- Microwave 2 sticks of the butter on high for 1 minute or until melted.
- Using paring knife, slice remaining butter into 1/2 inch slices; add to melted butter, tossing to coat.
- Allow butter to stand 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Blend cake mix and flour in bowl and whisk to break up any large lumps.
- Whisk butter until smooth and free of lumps, if necessary microwave for 10-20 seconds or until creamy and pourable.
- Do not melt completely.
- Pour butter, all at once, into dry ingredients.
- Mix until dry ingredients are incorporated and dough is smooth.
- If dough is to stiff to stir knead until smooth.
- Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoons drop cookie dough onto baking sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 15-17 or until very light golden brown.
- Cool three minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
- Variations: Chocolate: Substitute devils food cake mix for the white and bake as directed Peanut Butter: Substitute yellow cake mix for the white cake mix.
- Add flour as directed.
- Whisk 2/3 cup peanut butter into softened butter until smooth; add to dry ingredients as recipe directs.
- Mix ins: Mix in 1/2-1 cup fo any combination of the following ingredients to the dough--Miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips; whole, grated or chopped nuts; rasins; flaked coconut; dried cranberries; miniature candy-candy coated chocolate pieces; chopped candies; chocolate chunks; white chocolate chips or toffee bits.