Recipe by Judy-Jude
A dear friend of mine gave me this recipe many years ago. It is my husband's favorite meal and I always think of her when I make this meal. I call it Alice's Baked Chicken in her memory, even though I don't know where she got this wonderful recipe. I always serve this with a tossed salad and bread or rolls.
Top Review by MICHELE S.
This recipe was delicious. I don't ever have boxed stuffing mixes in the house so used panko bread crumbs instead and added chopped mushroom, peppers, onion and broccoli as a layer under the soup. It turned out great!!!!! I'd certainly make it again.
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, bone or boneless
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1 cup melted butter or 1 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9" X 13" baking pan.
- Lay chicken breast in the pan, combine cheese and soup mixture and spread over the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing on top and then pour the melted butter or margarine over the top.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.