Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A take-off on a recipe from CDKitchen - Made this & it was great! Does NOT have that "Oh, you used dry milk" taste, at all! Note: there is no way, when listing the ingredients, to let you know to use EITHER the butter OR the sour cream, so they are both listed, but choose one or the other!
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Measure all ingredients & combine.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- To use mix: - PER SERVING:.
- Combine 1/4 C mix with 2 T melted butter (OR sour cream) & 1/4 C milk.
- Whether to use butter or sour cream depends on the flavor you are after.
We loved this sauce! The mix was really easy to make, and it was super quick and easy to cook! Melted and thickened in under five minutes. I wish I had known how much sauce one meal would use, but with trial and error, we found that 1 cup of mix/milk and 1/2 butter makes plenty for three! And even if you make too little, it worked fine to add another batch to the sauce and heat it up again! Giving it to grandparents for Christmas, and I think they're going to love it! Thank you for finally giving me an easy recipe for fancy alfredo sauce! No more store bought sauce for this family!