Recipe by Oolala
This is from the Grandpa on the Munsters TV show from when I was a kid! I found this in "The Brooklyn Cookbook" and thought it sounded good and easy to make. http://www.munsters.com/allewis.html
Top Review by Chef Shortcake
This is a elegant, quick recipe. We had bowtie pasta on hand, and the dish was great, although I'm sure that using the spinach fettuccine would add an extra dimention of flavor. We also used a light Portuguese white wine, instead of chablis. Very tasty. The sauce was very creamy, and the dish made for a romantic dinner!
- 1 lb spinach fettuccine, fresh
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium shallots, chopped
- 8 ounces crabmeat, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chablis
- dried parsley, for garnish
- parmesan cheese, grated, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted, rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes and drain.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes more.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and pour the sauce over it.
- Garnish with parsley and cheese.