Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This simple Peruvian style pepper sauce (known as an ají in South America) is a great table condiment and will add a hint (or a punch!) of spiciness to your next meal. This recipe originally appeared on our website at www.coseppikitchen.com
- 1 lb fresh red pepper, veined and chopped (a mix of both hot and sweet, depending on your preference)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 teaspoons key lime juice (about 3 limesâ worth)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup diced scallions or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- salt and pepper
- In a blender or food processor, combine peppers, garlic, key lime juice, and olive oil. Puree until smooth, adding just enough water (usually about 1/4 cup) to encourage blending.
- Transfer puree to a bowl and add cilantro, green onions, and salt and pepper. Mix until incorporated.
- Serve with your next meal!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.