Recipe by looneytunesfan
These rich and chewy butterscotch brownies make for a special after-school treat.
Top Review by heartshapedpan
Boyfriend has had 1 heck of a sweet-tooth for the past couple of days...it's 1:30 in the a.m. and these are in the oven now! I licked the beaters like any good baker should do....lol. How else would we know if the finished product will taste good..lmbo. Altered recipe slightly with sugars and oils, but did all else to specifications. I'm hopin' 4 a winner, cause they sure tasted good on the beater. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups nestle toll house NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsels and nuts. Spread into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
- BAKE for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.