Recipe by Honeybeee
Soft and succulent....can be had as part of your meal or as an any time snack! Serve them with raw onion rings anf fresh lime Prep time includes marination time of 4 hrs and 50 mins.
Top Review by UmmBinat
4 1/4 stars. Quite flavourful. I used bone in breast & bone in leg with thy and cut it down accordingly for 2. I used regular freshly ground black pepper instead of white. Yogurt like another reviewer rather than the cream and cashews. No green chili as we don't like hot spicy. I used butter rather than ghee and put paprika on top instead of the chat masala. Ate atop recipe#126307, with yogurt, a fresh Afghan salad I will be posting and we squeezed lemon on top at the table (low table where we sit on the floor) Sunnah.
- 6 pieces chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste (1/2 inch piece fresh ginger + 6 cloves garlic : grind to a paste)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cream
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts paste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chili
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (Garam Masala)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 pinches chat masala (Chaat Masala)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and wash the chicken legs and make incisions.
- Apply ginger garlic paste and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix white pepper, fresh cream, cashewnut paste, egg yolk, chopped green chilli, garam masala (recipe#40293) and salt.
- Add this marinade to the chicken and refrigerate for 4 1/2 hours.
- Heat oven to medium and place chicken legs on a roasting rack.
- Bake chicken for 12 minutes.
- Take out chicken and baste it with ghee/clarified butter and further grill for 8 minutes.
- Turn drumsticks once, midway, while grilling Remove, sprinkle with chaat masala (recipe#47560) and serve hot.