1/1 Photo of Aeggkage--Egg Cake (Danish Baked Omelet)
Adapted from Best of Scandinavian Cooking. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cut 4 slices of bacon in half.
- 3Cut remaining bacon into 2" pieces.
- 4Place all bacon in a 10" oven-proof skillet and cook until crisp.
- 5Drain on paper towels, shaping the 8 large pieces into curls.
- 6Tilt frying pan to coat with fat.
- 7Drain excess fat.
- 8Line pan with small pieces of bacon.
- 9Beat eggs with flour, 3 teaspoons chives, salt and pepper.
- 10Beat in milk.
- 11Pour over bacon in pan.
- 12Place in oven and bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden and set.
- 13Top with bacon curls and remaining chives.
- 14Serve in wedges, garnished with tomato wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aeggkage--Egg Cake (Danish Baked Omelet)
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 309.6 mg
- Sodium 337.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.1 g