1 hr 15 mins
Sunday is a great day to make a cake, just in case friends pop in for a cup of tea. This cake can be made a day or so ahead of time needed, if necessary, as it has keeping qualities!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter, add sugar and cream well together.
- 2Add slightly beaten egg yolks and lemon rind.
- 3Mix dry ingredients together and add alternately with milk and vanilla.
- 4Pour into large deep pie dish or greased and floured cake pan.
- 5Place apple section on mixture and press in slightly.
- 6Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 7Bake three-quarters of an hour at 350 degree oven.
- 8When almost done cover with lid so apples will cook through.
- 9Meanwhile beat the two egg whites and one-half cup sugar until very stiff.
- 10Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer or until top is quite brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aeblekage (Danish Applecake)
Serving Size: 1 (1503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2297.3
- Calories from Fat 552
- Total Fat 61.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.2 g
- Cholesterol 516.7 mg
- Sodium 1357.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 421.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.7 g
- Sugars 289.2 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon rind