Prep 10 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
My son's preschool teacher put this in a collective recipe book that the school sold as a PTA fundraiser. I haven't tried a tzimmes recipe like this before so I thought I'd post it since it is different.
- 4 cups water, boiling
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup egg barley
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a pot, pour boiling water over apricots; cover and soak 1 hour.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir in egg barley, honey, oil and salt.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes; uncover and bake another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.