Recipe by Megan from Chicago
I was hungry today and I just happened to have all of these ingredients on hand. Feel free to substitute cheese and pita or even the veggies. This does not need to be specific.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe as given, & the 2 of us thoroughly enjoyed sharing it! Tasty & easy to prepare, which is a great combo in its own right! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 3 eggs (or equivalent amount of egg whites)
- 1 cup broccoli (small floret pieces)
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pita bread, with no pocket (mine was garlic flavored naan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté broccoli in a little olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and make a scrambled egg substance with the broccoli.
- Dash some salt and pepper then stir a little.
- Place cheese slices on eggs/broccoli.
- Cover and put heat on very low until cheese melts nicely.
- Remove egg/broccoli/cheese mixture.
- Add a little more olive oil to the skillet.
- Sauté pita on skillet on both sides until each side is golden brown.
- Place egg mixture onto hot pit.
- Eat it like a large-sized soft taco.