Recipe by Adam from CT
Chicken salad, apples, almonds
Top Review by kittycatmom
Yum! This was a great, healthy lunch today served on whole wheat buts. I resisted the urge to have this as soon as I made it last night, but followed the posters suggestion and waited until today. Great blend of flavors. I don't think I used the full amount of mayo, just enough to moisten. Very good! Thanks Adam! Made for PAC Spring 2009
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 gala apples (use can always use another kind...but then it wont be Gala Chicken Salad)
- 2⁄3 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt (or reg, I just love the taste of koher)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I usually use light)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken in a large bowl.
- Dice the apple into small pieces (the smaller the better).
- Dice the celery just as small and add the apples celery and almonds to the chicken.
- Mix in the salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- Add the mayo with a large spoon and mix until the chicken is evenly covered.
- I know this is hard to do -- but cover and leave overnight. The flavors will mix well together in the fridge.
- You can eat it the day it's made, it just might have a little strong lemon taste -- that mixes overnight and blends well.
- You can always add cranberries or rasins if you want, but I like it just as is.