Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with this when I was trying to make a healthy, homemade potato and vegetable soup by adlibbing a recipe I'd found online. However will all the extra veggies the "soup", which should've been white and creamy, instead came out looking more orange and thicker than expected. When I gave it to my family to taste, the first thing everyone said was that it looked like baby food. And thus the "Accidental Baby Food" was born.
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1⁄2 large white onion
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- 1⁄2 sweet bell pepper, chopped, seeds removed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 roma tomato (optional)
- Place all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in large pot.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stir pot of veggies and reduce heat and let summer until potatoes are tender.
- Remove pot from heat. Using a immersion hand blender, stir the pot blending all the potatoes and vegetables together until smooth and thick. (This can also be done in a regular kitchen blender.).
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Let cool, then store or serve.