Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yet another recipe for eggplant! LOL! I have seven eggplants on my eggplant and about 6 purple flowers. How many different ways can you serve up eggplant? Eggplant ice cream anyone? LOL!
- 1 small eggplant (chopped)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 large vidalia onion (or any sweet onion)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 ounces low-fat monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Pam cooking spray
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre-Heat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Chop onion into 1/4" pieces.
- In skillet add 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- On medium-low heat saute onion until translucent (not brown).
- Stir frequently.
- Add bell pepper and eggplant pieces with onion.
- Sprinkle salt over mixture.
- Saute until tender.
- Spray PAM in 2-quart baking dish.
- Add eggplant, pepper and onion mixture into baking dish.
- Mix cheeses together.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture on top of eggplant mixture.
- Bake in oven for 15-minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy.
John and I enjoyed this for dinner last night with tortilla chips. Making a dip out of this recipe. I did add veggies that needed to be cooked. Mushrooms, tomato, carrots, celery used green in place of the yellow pepper. Added oregano, parsley and garlic. Stirred 2 tablespoons of mayo and some cheese to help bring it together. Topped wit the rest of the cheese. This is a great way to use excess produce from the garden. Delish! Thanks for the good eats!
I agreee this could use more seasoning - maybe sprinkle on some oregano? I loved the cheesiness! Not everyone in my house loved this but I like it just fine. so there. made for veggie swap 5/11. thanks, Acadia!
I'm sorry but I made this tonight and didnt really enjoy it. It seemed like too much cheese and not enough seasoning. :( Sorry to give such a low review.