Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I love asparagus and dill so I decided to create a easy side dish tonight utilizing both.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dill (fresh)
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash pepper (to taste)
- water (for cooking)
- Break woody ends off of each asparagus by snapping them to break at natural break.
- Arrange asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water and steam covered for 4 - 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- In a skillet add 1-tablespoon butter and after it melts add asparagus and dill.
- Lightly saute for 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
I prepared this recipe even quicker and in about 6 minutes from start to finish! I skipped
the steaming part and cooked the very thin asparagus stalks only 3 minutes total. The stalks
were thinner than pencils. I was out of fresh dill unfortunately but don't have a problem with dried dill but I think fresh is better for this recipe. Easy and delicious! Will make again! Reviewed for Veg Tag/June and NA*ME Tag. Please come play with us!
Amazing, lovely to view, and just as exceptional to devour! So easy to put together ~ if there is one recipe you make this Spring - make this. Fresh dill is the way to go, and nice butter too! Thanks for such a lovely recipe!!