Recipe by Mimi in Maine
A dear friend gave this to me to make while our granddaughter stayed with us for a week. I was trying to find all these easy and different little meals that she would enjoy and would not be much work for me. This is the easiest Macaroni & Cheese I have ever made and is yummy. Hubby and granddaughter liked it, too. I used Hood's Country Style cottage cheese but any would be fine. You don't have to cook the pasta before putting it in the oven. This is unbelievable. The oven does all the work. Talk about lazy.....this is my kind of dish.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 lb American cheese (or about 6 slices)
- 1⁄4 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9x11x2 pan and spread the UNCOOKED macaroni in the bottom.
- Dot with butter and evenly spread the cottage cheese over this; don't mix.
- Add the American cheese and then add the Cheddar cheese evenly.
- Pour the boiling water over the top.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.