Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
My friend Anne found this generationally OLD recipe off the net and made it for her brothers. This one's staying around.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In the microwave or over a double-boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the sifted ingredients alternately with sour cream, then mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
these were pretty good. the cooking time was tricky. if i left it in a tiny bit less or more i got either very fudgy cookies or cakey cookies.. so there was no middle. i put some white chocolate chips in for fun.. would also be good with nuts. i got 3 dozen out of this recipe.