Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
A want-to-try recipe from Quick Cooking. The ABC is for applesauce, bran and cinnamon. Even though I normally bake from scratch, these quick-to-fix recipes do come in handy sometimes!
Top Review by SweetsLady
Yummy breakfast! We usually make muffins from scratch, but I had cake mix in the house from dd making Recipe #128952 on for our bbq this past weekend. I hate to throw anything out, so I ended up making 1/3 of the recipe. They were thoroughly enjoyed! Thanks for posting!
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil, applesauce and honey.
- Combine the dry cake mix, bran and cinnamon; add to egg mixture.
- Mix just until blended.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.