Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got the idea from a recipe on here. I don't remember the name right off hand, but is was something Tuna Ramen Noodle'Os I think. My 15-month-old LOVES this (hence the name) as much as I do!!
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water (can use 2 cans if really hungry)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (Pepper Jack is also good but not for little ones.)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (Use as much or as little as you like) (optional)
- In 2 quart microwaveable bowl, combine water, broken ramen noodles and contents of flavor pack from noodles. Microwave for 5 minutes. (Microwave oven times vary. Cook until water is mostly absorbed and noodles done.).
- Remove from microwave and add drained tuna and cheese. Mix well and add garlic powder as desired.
I've eaten ramen this way many times and didn't realize others did too. It is a delicious way to enjoy the noodles and get a bit of nutrition in there too.