Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. And what better way than with steak, marinated in my A.1. Original sauce marinade!
For Tomato Relish
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 4 slices bacon, crisp and chopped (for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lb top round steak
- For Tomato Relish:.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and gently toss until incorporated. Set Aside.
- For Polenta:.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the milk and water to a simmer.
- Slowly add the corn meal and whisk to combine. Once all of the corn meal has been incorporated, reduce the heat to low. Add salt and pepper. Stir vigorously until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the corn meal is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and butter.
- For Steak:.
- Put ½ cup A.1. Original Steak Sauce, 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar, 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar, 2 chopped scallions, 1 large sliced shallot, 1 tablespoon Tarragon. ½ teaspoon Hot Sauce and the 1 lb. Top Round Steak into a zip top bag and refrigerate overnight. Whenever you think about it, go to the fridge and give the bag a couple of squeezes and flip it to the other side. Remove from the fridge to come to room temperature an hour before cooking.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to broil.
- Remove steak from the bag and lay on a piece of foil set on top of a baking sheet. Cook the steak on the top rack of the broiler (4-6 inches from the heat) for 5 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and cover with a foil tent to keep warm and let the juices re-distribute.
- Pour the remaining marinade in a saucepan, put on the stove over a medium heat, and reduce by half.
- To Plate:.
- Scoop about 1 cup of polenta onto each plate. Top with a little crumbled bacon and Parmesan Cheese. Thinly slice the steak on the bias and lay a few strips on top of the polenta. Spoon some of the marinade reduction over the top. Top with a spoonful of tomato relish.
Looks Fabulous-will try it soon!
This one I gotta make!