Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A lovely coffee with quite the kick. If you can't find Newfie Screech, substitute with a gold or dark rum. This will take the chill off your bones and keep it off for a wee while.
- 1 fluid ounce newfie screech rum
- 1 fluid ounce tia maria coffee liqueur
- 1 fluid ounce Baileys Irish Cream
- 8 -10 fluid ounces hot fresh brewed strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2 ounces whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Measure Screech or rum and liqueurs into a mug.
- Add the hot coffee and sugar and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy.
Wow this is wonderful! Sweet and strong, this makes a great dessert drink. Couldn't get the screech so used Captain Morgan's. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
It was a great coffee but it was very sweet and I didn't add sugar. I used brown rum. If I do it again, I may cut back on the Baileys. I did half of it in my mug you can see on my photo. Thanks Baby Kato :) Made for Photo tag
Made for AUZ?NZ Swap Jan 2009. Holy cow this is dangerously good. It is a bit too high on the alcohol content if you plan to have more than one (which I did, hiccup) Next timeand there certainly will be, I will cut down by 1/2 so I can enjoy my 2 cups after dinner. Like Lorrie says after the first...who cares. LOL