Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
this recipe is from sandra moses, co-owner of the harbor view restaurant in belfast, maine if you've never been to belfast, maine,"ya all come on up" a real nice town. i'm a cook that uses every thing in sight,so i use a number of bowls and wash dishes later.
- 1 fully baked 9-inch pie shell
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin, 2 envelopes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup heavy cream
- seperate the eggs while cold. the yolks hold togeather better. bring both to room temperature sprinkle getatin over water and let set 5 minutes. small sauce pan. heat over medium hear til gelatin is dissolved, 3 or 4 minutes. stir often. cool. beat yoks and sugar til pale and thick. beat in gelatin, juice and peel. in a chilled bowl,beat egg whites.
- til stiff but not dry. fold gently into lemon mix. in another chilled bowl-or not-beat the cream unti stiff,fold gently into lemon mix.
- mound filling into pie shell and refridge not.
- less than 3 hours .it can set overnite too.
- mound carefully.