Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Truly a little piece of Heaven.
- 28.34 g Grand Marnier
- 59.14 ml caramel ice cream topping
- 1 scoop French vanilla ice cream (I prefer Parlour in Canada or Dryers in USA)
- 29.58 ml chocolate chip cookie mix (I use Pillsbury for convenience) or 29.58 ml pastry dough (I use Pillsbury for convenience)
- 14.79 ml pecan pieces
- On a cookie sheet put 2 tbsp mounds of cookie dough- 1 mound per serving.
- Begin baking cookies according to directions on package or recipe.
- In a saucepan combine 1oz Grand Marnier for every 1/4 cup of caramel sauce.
- Simmer on low.
- Stir constantly.
- When the cookies have only 2 to 3 minutes remaining to bake, put the pecans in the oven to toast.*I always just use the same baking sheet.
- When cookies have finished baking assemble the dessert in the following manner: Place one cookie on one dessert plate.
- Put one scoop of ice cream on top of the cookie.
- Spoon caramel/ Grand Marnier mixture over the ice cream.
- Sprinkle pecans over entire dessert.
- Repeat for each serving.
Wonderful dessert. I didn't have Grand Marinier, so I left it out. Still, it's a great combo.
This was a nice little dessert idea. We don't drink alcohol of any kind so I shouldn't have added the Grand Marnier we didn't like the flavor it added to the caramel. Next time I will try plain orange juice. I used recipe #117317 for the chocolate chip cookie and recipe #4790 for the french vanilla ice cream. Thanks Lottidawe Bullwinkle.
This was suggested to me in a thread about using alcohol and ice cream together. I did not have chocolate chip cookies but instead used brownies and it worked really well. As I was making this for two I doubled the caramel topping and grand marnier. We thought that was a little too strong (and left a LOT unused). So next time I'll just use 1/4 cup caramel and 1 oz. grand marnier for 2 desserts. This is very rich and the pecans were a nice touch. Thanks so much for suggesting it!