Recipe by swissms
A healthy breakfast smoothie naturally sweetened by the date and banana.
Top Review by CoffeeB
I too am in agreement with Sydney that the flavor combination here of date and banana is exceptional. I especially love too the addition of protein powder. Being a vegetarian I"m always on the look-out for recipes that incorporate protein powder. In this case I used french vanilla. I didn't feel the need for any other sweetner like I do in some smoothies that call for plain yogurt. Really Really Good.~ Made for TYM Tag.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 medjool dates, pit removed
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk (or just enough to allow blender to process)
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla